Thursday 17 February 2011

MY POOR LAPTOP


Lying never makes me feel guilty. I take it as an art, which rarely people mask perfectly. It’s like the truth you secretly wish was a reality but yet happy that it isn’t. You wish the lie is the truth for the sake of the person hearing it. So that it isn’t so hard to prove and explain. But you are happy that its still a lie for the sake of yourself. I am talking about the lies you tell to save yourself from the agonizing pain of fights with your friend, your parents, to have something the way you want it, to get something from your parents. I am talking about the lies one tells to earn the feeling of pity from the listener. Normally this type of lie crops up between a child and the parent.

But telling a lie gets so frustrating when you know that the listener understands that you are faking the point and yet plays on with it. He accepts the fact you are lying and yet lives with it. He does this just because he loves you.

Too much of useless philosophy right. This bitch should better get spot on the point. I am basically talking about my dad. Living in a hostel far away from home usually helps you to earn some extra love and care from your doting parents. Now another face of living in a hostel is MONEY. Your new friends circle, your new lifestyle, your new experiences, all need money. It’s not like the school days where you could smile at your mom and ask for 20 bucks for the yummy Samosas from your school canteen or the occasional movie get together. Now the scene is big and a big drain in the pocket (my parents offcourse). You need money and lots of it. The thousand bucks you withdrew a day or two back suddenly disappears under mysterious circumstances. You know you spent it but How??? Where??? (Let’s leave it to the almighty).

You start looking for random lies to be told just to make some money. You look around your hostel room for random things which could be faked as broken or needs some mending to be done. You look around for books to be bought but not actually bought, bed sheets to be bought but in reality aren’t, laptop to be fixed but never actually required.

Now that I have spoken the word laptop let me finally come to the point (thank you for having the patience to read so far). Lately my laptop has been my money maker. I need money and I give a call to my father and tell him that it needs some repairing to be done and repairing it requires more than a grand. He actually buys the lie for a couple of times. And then one fine day when you again need money you have this conversation with your father-

Me- Accha the laptop backstabbed again, its not working properly and you know the joint between the window and the keyboard is lost. Needs to be fixed .
(in reality the window is actually in a bad condition but works just fine and no repairing is needed)

Dad- Beta how many times this is happening. Its making a hole in my pocket.

Me- what can I do. All my data are in it and I need to repair it. You can talk to the computer guy yourself if you want.

Dad- you know I wont call any repair guy. Who knows it might be one of your friend who is helping you out to deceive me. I have gone through your age beta!
Me- (trying to recover back from the Cardiac Arrest his words made) Accha!! Don’t you trust me. I really need it to be fixed.

Dad- I trust you honey but you should know the “the crook is always one step ahead of the police”

Me- (Fighting the waves of dizziness his words are bringing me) I understand papa.

Dad- the money will be credited by the evening.

With this the conversation ends. You don’t know whether to rejoice because you have got the money or to be stunned because you realise your father really knows you are lying yet working on with it.

It doesn’t end here. Talks are going on in my family to get me a new laptop. My poor old laptop is seeing its end near. The money he helped me make!!

2 comments:

  1. Your father sounds awesome :D

    Stay Blessed ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you spent it but How??? Where??? (Let’s leave it to the almighty).>>> ha ha ha. same here!

    -MDR

    ReplyDelete

Spit It Out I Say !!!