Wednesday 9 March 2011

MURDER AND MORE

This blog has no aspect of entertainment in it. But if you are bored or want to be a future serial killer or want to commit suicide keep reading ( I will be telling you a method to commit suicide towards the end).

Well today was Forensic Science day for me. In the earlier classes we have been fed with a series of lessons of wisdom (duh!!) about Death, fingerprints, suicide, murder, different types of death, blah blah, yada yada yada, I don’t give a fuck and so on. Today was another such yawning class and the topic was INJURY. Had I been the usual me, sitting in the back bench, with the company of my mobile phone and the snacks in my bag I wouldn’t have had any problem in cutting time. But here I was forced to sit in the front bench with another classmate who definitely has this strong ability to get on my nerves. So I sat their looking at my nails, the hair peeping out of my professor’s nose, and trying to say A-Z backwards. Suddenly I here some girls behind me giggling, joined by some so called males a.k.a she-males of my class (I have no reason to call them males if they don’t behave so). I leave my daydreaming behind and try to find out what’s the fuss all about. The topic of discussion was BITE MARK and there was a slide photo of a buttock with a deep bite mark. This was the reason of the giggle. The professor persisted the girl who started it all, to share the joke with him and when she couldn’t find any way out, she blurted it out “ Sir, I was just asking ummm thinking as to what is the difference between a bite mark and a….a……..a……love bite”. The professor of age above 60, if was surprised or was uncomfortable did not show even a tinge of it. He coolly said “though I have no personal experience, I would be happy to clarify your doubt.’’ He continued by telling us that a love bite is as a result of violet kissing.Love-bite is a temporary bruise or mark caused by kissing, sucking or biting the skin forcefully enough to burst blood vessels beneath the skin.
The term hickey (hicky, or hickie) is often applied to a love-bite on the neck area.But a bite mark is the result of the usage of teeth and not necessarily in a loving manner. Bite marks are usually found on a rape victim or in homicidal cases where the victim bites the accused to escape from him or where the accused bites the victim while raping her.

A case he told about requires special mention here. The case is called the TED BUNDY case. There is no definitive agreement on when and where Bundy began to rape and killing women. Bundy refused to give details on when and where he committed his first murder, even when confessing to over 30 murders within 3 yrs immediately prior to his execution. During one his homicidal frenzy, Bundy bit Lisa Levy (a victim) in her left buttock, leaving obvious bite marks. Police took plaster casts of Bundy's teeth and a forensics expert matched them to the photographs of Levy's wound. Bundy was convicted on all counts and sentenced to death for the murders. Ted Bundy was electrocuted by the state of Florida at 7:16 a.m. on January 24, 1989. Just one bite mark led him into electrocution.



Now like I promised, I would tell you a method to suicide. The interesting thing about this sinister technique is that it uses none of the traditional gory weapons like firearms or daggers, nor does it use poisons. The murder device is quite simply and surprisingly air, which is so harmless and ubiquitous. It is almost unbelievable that such an innocuous looking thing as air could kill someone. Actually air or for that matter anything in this universe can kill a person, if it is wrongly placed in a human body. This case is also a similar case. In this case air gets ensconced in a place where it normally shouldn't be! Such cases are technically known as cases of "air embolism". About 200 c.c. of air is required to kill a person by air embolism. Take in 200 cc of air into a syringe and inject it into your veins. When such an injection is given, the air bubbles start travelling towards the right atrium (right side of the heart). From right atrium they keep travelling onwards till they come to the lung. Here the capillaries are too narrow to allow the big bubbles to pass. The result is that these bubbles get entangled in the blood vessels of the lung. The whole blood traffic stops and the person dies very quickly. The beauty of the technique lies not only in its simplicity but also in another thing-the difficulty of detection of this condition at post-mortem examination. When a person dies of air embolism, the only abnormal thing that is there within his body is a bubble of air somewhere in his blood vessels. If the forensic pathologist is not careful, the bubble would vanish the moment the body is opened.

Know the blog is small (as if you cud tolerate it anyway) but sleep haunts me! Much love!! Gudnight!

12 comments:

  1. wht an unusual way to commit suicide..! Lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Seriously na!! All tht is needed is a syringe and HAWA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Redhanded wat do u study??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Law from one f the National Law University. This year we have this subject called Mediccal Jurisprudence n all where you have to learn everything about death and stuff. Even autopsy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh.. I almost thought you are studying medicine..:) Well I dig in "Forensic Science in Criminal Law" sometimes which hav such crazy yet clueless thngs.. MY dad has done law soo little liberties wid his books :) forgot to mention, the lovebite vs bite was well explained!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh thankyou!! Well this is the only subject i actually care to listen. Its mainly because of those disgusting dead people photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not that I plan to commit a murder or a attempt a suicide but curiosity dragged me here. Interesting.. I was aware of the syringe technique.. God knows how I obtained that knowledge- some lame Hindi movie or discovery's forensic science shows maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting post. I am glad to find out that someone wrote about serial killers or Ted Bundy, in particular. In case, you want to know more about Ted, you can read 'Killer book of serial killers'. It's a bit disturbing, and also includes interviews of the most dreaded serial killers. Also, there's a movie called as 'Henry - The portrait of a serial killer' which is loosely based on Bundy's life and his misdeeds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what about the pain?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i fucking loved this one!! call me crazy, but it is sinister at the same time quirky! i like!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol.. as you have noticed, I'm on a roll reading your blog :) I'm your fan now!

    ReplyDelete

Spit It Out I Say !!!